Thursday 21 May 2009

GO!!!!

I spent yesterday evening trying to deciper the wiring mess but gave up.

As I had a little success last week using wd40 as fuel i decided to try again this week I tried engine degreaser put into the inlet elbow, there was a little prommise but i think the fuel was to heavy. WD40 flood filled into the inlet elbow and after a few fire and dies and a lot of cranking the engine finaly caught fully and reved up, I though it may be just on the wd40 but she kept running although she would not idle.

oil appears to be leaking readily from the cam cover as she was smoking badly from the back of the engine!!!

So that's brill!!!!


The missing pas pump turns out to be an issue, the original Mi16 drives a pump above the gearbox from a pully on the exhaust camshaft. there is no room to refit one. I am currently looking at electric PAS pumps.

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment