Monday 11 May 2009

Findings.

I found a few odities whilst checking over the engine.

The PAS pump seems to be missing, I assume this was a Peugot one even though the rack is from a MK3 golf ( incidentaly fitted using spherical joints at the outer ends. ) So that will need to be found if there is not one on the spare engine.

The cam cover bolts were out, I put them back in ( did not check for a gasket so better do that once the engine runs otherwise oil will go everywhere!!! ) Unfortunatly one bolt snapped on re-insertion so I need to extract and replace that.

The Pipe to the brake servo is missing, I have some parts that I can use to make up this part but it's a little strange.

The Fule regulator was loose, I could only find one mounting bolt in the glove tray. I will need to salvage another from the spare engine along with the vacuum pipe which is also AWOL.

I had to replace a bit of fuel line, I think I will have to do this again as I don't think the pipe I used was high preasure pipe.

Mounting brackets for various componnets have been removed, these had been fabricated from ally for the build.

Wiring looks a bit shonkey in places so will need ful investigation. The lack of decent colour coded wiring diagrams does not help, I think Peugot used wire Numbers with the number printed but will have to check.

It's Like CSI!!!

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment